Topic-list-previews: User Activity Tiles

Topic-list-previews: User Activity Tiles

Feature

User Activity Tiles

Description

Add capability to show TLP for Topics list in User Activity page. Add additional option to show list of all Topics from within a specific Category

Use Case

Add capability to show TLP for Topics list in User Activity page. Add additional option to show list of all Topics from within a specific Category

Budget

$1200

This is going ahead with @p16 & @bartv co-sponsoring ($400 each), with a potential third sponsor TBD

Guys,

I’ve deployed a test branch of Topic List Previews with Desktop support for TLP enhancements for the User Activity route, including Tiles.

The branch is called “activity_favourites”

I’m just sharing it with you for now because the third potential sponsor hasn’t responded yet.

Do you have a staging site where you can test this branch?

To try it out you will need to change your app.yml to reference this branch/repo instead:

https://github.com/merefield/discourse-topic-previews -b "activity_favourites"

How to use

There are now additional views on the TLP settings. They now include ‘activity-topics’ and ‘activity-favourites’. If you add these to a setting, that feature will appear on these routes, as with any TLP setting, the behaviour is the same.

In addition, to support @bartv’s request, the ‘Favourites’ activity route (it’s a new route), can be filtered for a specific Category slug. The topic_list_activity_favourites_category site setting, initially empty, can be filled with your preferred category slug and the Favourites route will be filtered by this category for everyone, no matter whether you decide to use Tiles feature or not.

This is likely to have bugs, but thought I’d give you a chance to review and give feedback and any questions.

It’s still awesome though :wink: :smoking:

TODO

I’ll chase the other sponsor soon, as the other feature he needs is tag support.

What you are seeing is the code that will go to Open Source ultimately

@P16 I’ll provide you a way to default to activity-topics later once we’ve confirmed everyone is happy with the functionality of this update.

2 Likes

Hey, I have an instance which I’ve made for fun and am trying to get people there. I can for sure, install your plugin there if that’s of any help.

Thanks @fzngagan. Feel free to use this branch and let me know if you have any issues. Be aware of existing bugs/issues that are not in scope of this enhancement. They are now listed here. The goal is mainly to test the User Activity page, both the Topics and Favourites sections, but also to ensure things haven’t broken elsewhere.

1 Like

Does changing the branch of a plugin in the container require a rebuild?

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately, because it’s doing a git clone only on a rebuild.

1 Like

A little suggestion.
Can we show a dropdown for topic list activity favourites category and similar settings. What do you think?

1 Like

Yes, this was a quick solution for that feature, however there is method in my madness as I was going to re-use the setting for the alternative of filtering by tag, hence the string field. TLP has sooo many settings its good to leverage where you can.

(basically another sponsor wants a different way of filtering).

So will change that to a Category selector at some point if that work doesn’t materialise.

1 Like