Topic list avatar disappears on mobile

Environment

Discourse Version: 2.5.0.beta2

Plugin Commit: b8d2971aae4bee89f294328494664aba9d038aa0

Other Plugins

Steps to Reproduce

Using a mobile device or browser debug plugin to mimic a mobile device, using the Default theme with no other components, with the Events plugin installed, go to the forum latest topic list and refresh.

You will see that the avatar for the latest poster, that is usually the first thing in the left column of the topic list, no longer appears.

Example

As I’ve disabled the events plugin, this is not possible.

Logs

3 Likes

I can confirm this. Is there any way to revert the plugin back to the previous commit until this is resolved?

I have other apps tied to events via API, so I can’t really disable the plugin, and this really messes up the UX on mobile.

1 Like

Where do we find the commit of any installed plugin ?

I thought I updated two instances at the same time but no…
one works
2.5.0.beta2 ( 8ae472bc41 ) 03/18
and not the other
2.5.0.beta2 ( 37bf38f801 ) 04/02
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think in discourse-events/topic-list-item.raw.hbs at master · paviliondev/discourse-events · GitHub

<a href="{{topic.lastPostUrl}}">{{avatar topic.lastPoster imageSize="large"}}</a>

should change accordingly to:

<a href="{{topic.lastPostUrl}}">{{avatar topic.lastPosterUser imageSize="large"}}</a>
works, not sure what lastPosterGroup is though

4 Likes

Yes good catch. If you could add a PR to events with this change, I’ll review and merge happily. Otherwise, I’m happy to do it myself too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll try it today :smile:
Will be a first !

done! not that hard except when i tried to PR my own fork :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I have tested your fork on my site and I can confirm it solves the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding. We were onto a huge PR which got merged today. Looking into this one now.

3 Likes

Thanks @Benjamin_D and @md-misko
The PR has been merged. :slight_smile:

2 Likes