Timezone Visualisation

Timezone Visualisation

Weird, that’s the opposite of what I see on my screen … have you updated to latest?

1 Like

Yes - I am on latest, and still looks the same to me. Just checked and no update is available.

1 Like

Try the new sort algo:

2 Likes

not sure why but even after the upgrade, I am getting the same reverse sort order.

So weird. A browser localisation thing?

btw I fixed the red highlight dropping out with a new fix.

OK, I think i’ve found another way to improve this: make sure current time is always in the centre.

I’ve also made the highlighting more elegant.

and exclude mobile:

1 Like

and update box shading accordingly

@members, the New Timezone visualisation is live here.

At the top of Category ‘Members’: Members - Pavilion for desktop users

I was able to update everyone’s Timezone except for @fzngagan … if you could look at your Preferences, Profile and update I’d be most grateful. I hope you don’t find your timezone as difficult to find as I did!

1 Like

Woohoo! I love it :slight_smile: nice work :+1:

1 Like

Maybe, down the track, you can add little fun things like :crescent_moon: and :sun_with_face: to represent night and day.

3 Likes

I’ve altered the hour labels to show your local time :clock: This is more intuitive I think :slight_smile:

This site has been upgraded to pick this up.

2 Likes

Yeah, I might consider changing the Sin/Power function to three fixed phases - Daytime, Evening and Night.

But this was intended to be artistic as well as useful, so the simplistic aesthetic was important.

The trail-off is also meant to reflect the fuzziness of what is considered ‘the working day’ (especially for us international freelancers!). That is why I avoided fixed blocks.

2 Likes

Just released a new version with a new feature: zones:

This shows daytime as darkest, light for someone’s evening and very light for nighttime.

You can still revert to the old system with the new mode setting.

1 Like

Wow great work!

Sometimes I wonder if showing days/nights or having someone indicate their usual pavilion working hours (or both!?!?) makes more sense. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We can look at extending it to do that at some stage. It was built for simplicity though and to leverage the standard out of the box timezone preference selection.

Also, I expect lack of nighttime availability to be pretty universal?

It’s really never ending what you might do with it, eg:

• handle weekends and holidays
  • handle a full calendar

Etc.

2 Likes

This is fixed and re-activated.

1 Like