Sidebar widget for groups

Feature

Sidebar widget for groups

Description

I would like to see a sidebar widget that lists your groups (or the ones that you’ve most recently interacted with).

Sort of like this…

Use Case

I currently use the “Discourse Assign” plugin alongside the “Layouts” plugin. Groups are integral to my community (topics are most often shared privately with specific groups instead of the public view). Being able to easily view which groups you’re currently in (right from the front page) and the groups you currently moderate/own would be really nice. It’s something that my community would really appreciate, that’s for sure.

1 Like

I do something like this by having a category for each group and allowing only each group to access its associated category, then use the Layouts plugin and Category List widget to display the categories on a sidebar. Group members see only the category groups they belong to.

1 Like

Hey @Justin_Vega

Thanks for the feature request! I’ve completed developing this widget now. The details of it are published here:

3 Likes

@keegan, words cannot describe how impressed I am! Joshua Agostino said it best. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.