Long RSVP list(more than 15) breaks RSVP list

Environment

Discourse Version: 2.4.0.beta6 (054fbd7846)

Plugin Commit: cdb289aed55b36f2041ca6e43566a4dc7687399c

Other Plugins
locations docker_manager

Steps to Reproduce

has to do with the rsvp function, when clicking on who’s going (not sure what is written in english), with enough participants (at least 14, maybe less) the list of who’s going fail to appears 9 times out of 10 (irregular, which is very weird)
for another event 3 people rsvp and it work fine.

not sure if it is relevant but in this discourse there are 115 members within 75 groups and 95 categories.

Example

unfortunately this discourse instance is not public

Logs

maybe it has something to do with the running of multiple ajax calls discussed there :

Did some of those users who marked themselves as going changed their usernames?

I (admin) changed one of them, which broke the rsvp list, so i changed it back and it worked again.
then some more users marked themselves.
I also have changed and back the author of the post, but not sure it’s relevant.
and now with 16 going, the list doesn’t appear any longer (so it seems worse than with 14)
I’ve just checked, the 16 pseudos in the event list are the 16 pseudos of the users.

2 Likes

@Benjamin_D Thanks for this report. We’ll review this again once this is merged.

cc @fzngagan

3 Likes

Will be fixed by

1 Like

Environment

Discourse Version: discourse latest-release +201

Plugin Commit: 18adda7

Other Plugins
babble 036d385 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-akismet 2d3d2bb Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-assign b9e0bb3 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-bbcode-color 183aab8 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-cakeday 24798b0 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-canned-replies e2b8717 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-checklist 951e4e1 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-data-explorer f1d463e Up to date
discourse-events 18adda7 Up to date
discourse-knowledge-explorer 1c22338 Up to date
discourse-send-private-message 0dc72c0 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-saved-searches 7139d7e Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-solved 96abbd9 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-user-notes 9253d68 Up to date
discourse-tickets bedb584 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-translator 764bf3e Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-voting 3b097f2 Up to date
Watch Category 659182e Up to date
discourse-whos-online 680fdc9 Up to date
Official Plugin discourse-yearly-review a44beab Up to date
Official Plugin docker_manager e4c82d3 Up to date
retort d2eb118 Up to date

Steps to Reproduce

go to RSVP now to join upcoming community call! - Community Discussions - Global Legal Empowerment Network Community Discussions and log in. click 18 going link in title. See popup guest list not populate. It does work when editing the event details.

Example

you have to log in.

Logs

I don’t see any errors in the sidekiq error log, but the javascript console kicks up a bunch of errors. I am not sure how to share that.

1 Like

I’ll take a look later today

1 Like

Thanks for th report @tobiaseigen I checked it. This will get resolved once the my PR gets approved and merged.

The current implementation sends as many requests to discourse as the number of users which causes discourse to complain…The new one fetches all the users in a single request.

1 Like

Thank for your work, Faizaan and Angus.
About the PostRevisor mentionned in your PR discussion, I don’t think it’s related to the issue at hand but when I edit the title of a post (or is it the title of a thread, I’m not sure of the exact denomination) I can see the event as it is defined but when I edit (as admin) the message of said thread (even if there is only one), a blank “add an event” is proposed.
Should I wait for the PR to be merged and then open a thread if the bug (feature? :smile:) is still there?

1 Like

@tobiaseigen I’ve just merged the related PR. Please check to see whether this issue is fixed.

1 Like

tested appears to be working! nice job.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation. that one fixes rsvp user name change issue too.

1 Like

This is reassuring coz the update has a migration which changes usernames to userids in the db.

1 Like

ah - cool. I hadn’t realized that. I tested with a new topic which worked. Now I went back and looked at an older topic, and see it works too - nice job! Now realizing that “going” looks a bit funny for events that have already taken place. :slight_smile: But not sure how to fix that because “went” or “attended” would be weird buton labels.

1 Like

Good point. I see some value in event expiry feature but not sure what should happen on expiry. I’m adding a topic for that where we can discuss that.

1 Like

I finally managed to restore a production db in a dev environment, (note to self : next time, remember to disable outgoing mail before bundle exec rails s :pleading_face: )
migration : ok
rsvp > 15 : ok (32 tested)
pseudo change : ok
So :+1: many thanks !

ps.
a tiny and inconsequential detail, I clicked twice on “is going” without the rails server launched (because i forgot to run it), and then launched it,… i was accounted for twice :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for going that far to test the feature. Its really nice to know that its working fine in production. Thanks to @angus for actually fixing issues in my fix.

1 Like

:exploding_head: I finally remembered where i’ve read it :

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 40 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.