Locations Button not Showing

Plugin

locations

Steps to Reproduce

Create a topic … go to add a location … no location button

Example

You’d need a login into our site which I’m happy to give.

Logs

How to get the correct logs is currently unclear to me.

Job exception: PG::UnableToSend: no connection to the server : SET client_min_messages TO ‘warning’
27 Feb 10:47 am
Job exception: could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432”?
27 Feb 10:47 am
Job exception: could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432”?
27 Feb 10:48 am
ActionView::Template::Error (Error: File to import not found or unreadable: theme_colors.scss. Parent style sheet: /var/www/discourse/app/assets/stylesheets/common/foundation/variables.scss
15 Mar 11:49 am
Test provider failed {:error_key=>“chat_integration.provider.mattermost.errors.channel_not_found”, :request=>"{“channel”:"#depot-maestro-townsquare",“username”:“Bringing Data to Life”,“icon_u
15 Mar 1:01 pm
Test provider failed {:error_key=>“chat_integration.provider.mattermost.errors.channel_not_found”, :request=>”{“channel”:"#town-squares",“username”:“Bringing Data to Life”,“icon_url”:"https
15 Mar 1:11 pm
Job exception: execution expired
28 Mar 9:05 pm
SingleSignOn::ParseError (Bad signature for payload sso: cmV0dXJuX3Nzb191cmw9aHR0cHM6Ly9hcGkuYmQybC5jb20uYXUvbG9naW4vc3NvJm5vbmNlPTE5MGQxMDc4LWVkNzEtNDljMC04MGRmLTgyYTkxMDZjN2E1OA== sig: 4080643008
5 Apr 5:37 pm
NoMethodError (undefined method match' for nil:NilClass) /var/www/discourse/app/services/wildcard_domain_checker.rb:7:incheck_domain’
18 Apr 12:29 pm
(facebook) Authentication failure! no_authorization_code: OmniAuth::Strategies::Facebook::NoAuthorizationCodeError, must pass either a code (via URL or by an fbsr_XXX signed request cookie)
31 May 6:24 am
info backtrace
Debug
Info
Warning
Error
Fatal
Search
Clear logs

1 Like

Sorry just to clarify, do you have locations enabled for the category you’re creating a topic in? See the “general” category settings

G’day Angus

On further investigation, the Location button shows on create but not on edit.

You should see the location edit controls when editing the first post of the topic

I do see the location edit controls on create.

I don’t see the location edit controls on edit.

Are you editing the post (pencil link on post menu) or just editing the title?

I’m editing the title.

OK so then that is your answer. :slight_smile: To add location info, you want to edit the post and not just the title. I just tested that again here on this instance and it works.

You could add a feature request to make editing location info when editing the title.

1 Like

Thanks … does this mean each post can have a location?

Could you please change this category so I can mark the bug as solved?