discourse-merge-users
discourse-checklist
discourse-solved
discourse-spoiler-alert
docker_manager
procourse-memberships
procourse-static-pages

Steps to Reproduce

Click on the search button (the magnifying glass). Type anything. A modal box pops up with a message “Internal Server Error”.

Example

You may need an account. I can set one up for you, if so.

Logs

StandardError (Attempting to access a non preloaded custom field, this is disallowed to prevent N+1 queries.)
/var/www/discourse/app/models/concerns/has_custom_fields.rb:164:in `

3 Likes

This is also occurring for me. It will stop if I disable the discourse-solved plugin and re-bootstrap, so I assume there is some conflict between the two.

1 Like

Hey, Thomas! Welcome.

Awesome that you seem to have found the source for this bug. I’ll see if I can get a repro.

I tested @thomas_grice report and have repro. There is indeed a conflict between this plugin and the solved plugin.

1 Like

Hi there,

while I haven’t tried to exactly reproduce it, I would like to mention that we are also running both the Discourse Solved (Accepted answer plugin) - plugin - Discourse Meta and the Knowledge Base Plugin - plugin - Discourse Meta and we are also experiencing occasional Internal Server Error hiccups when searching.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

Hey @amotl! Anything in the error logs? If you haven’t already, I suggest you use the report a bug wizard which asks lots of handy questions to help pin down the source of a problem - see link at the top.

1 Like

Dear Tobias,

thanks for getting back to me. However, I am sorry to admit we have already moved on to the Knowledge Explorer after uninstalling Knowledge Base altogether. Hence, it is not that easy to get anything from the error logs anymore.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

[1] Hiveeyes Knowledge Explorer