Integration with other plugins

Layouts Plugin

Layouts can be installed, but if there is a sidebar applied to journal topics it will break the Journal topic styles. I’ll address this when I can.

Question Answer Plugin

QA can’t be installed on the same instance. It’ll break the frontend mechanics of this plugin. I’ll address this when I can.

1 Like

Is there absolutely no way to implement this?
Discourse core provides a topic view filtered by posts of a specific user only. Can’t that be used to generate the timeline?

Yes, there is, but I didn’t do it as part of v1. Could you explain your timeline needs in detail?

For our use case a custom approach would be required based on additional post metadata from the journal owner.

But for initial implementation we are just looking for stock timeline behaviour . The timeline should only count the journal entries, not comments that are indented. Basically it should replicate the timeline behaviour as if the posts were filtered by user (in our case the topic owner)

Hey guys

Any news regarding the timeline?

I also need a timeline in this plugin now myself (for a different usecase), so yes, it will be added quite soon, i.e. in the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Hey @angus

Are there any news here? I have a customization request already lined up once the timeline is implemented.

Yup, I’m currently working on the timeline feature. I hope to be finished by early next week. It’s a bit tricky, but I think I’ve cracked it.

(@CJ_Bernstein your requests will be part of the same update).

2 Likes

@Jrgong @CJ_Bernstein I’ve pushed an update to this plugin. See it live here

https://try.thepavilion.io/t/a-journal-about-journals/700

Things in this update

• Timeline
  • Ability to set “Journal Author” groups (including “everyone”) in the category settings
  • Comment improvements
  • Various bugfixes

@CJ_Bernstein Some bugfixes you raised still to come. I can deploy the update in your may update later this week. We’ll discuss in your category.

Just a note that any further feature requests or bug reports should go through our wizards for those (or your private categories) this topic will become focused on “integration” questions now.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Journal Plugin Entry Creation Issues