Event Notifications

Event Notifications

One of the interesting features(especially in terms of recurring events but fairly useful otherwise too) is to be able to notify users(especially who rsvp) x days/hours before the occurance of the event. Would like to know your thoughts on this one @angus

I love this idea - it’s essential for our nefarious plan to make eventbrite redundant. :slight_smile: I’ve written about it on meta, somewhere buried in the event plugin topic.

One of the things I love about GoToWebinar is that it allows people to RSVP and get reminders a week before, a day before and an hour before the event, and again a day later two followup notifications are sent - one to those who attend (thank you for coming) and to those who registered but did not show up (sorry we missed you).

1 Like

The more I think about this, the more I realise that notifications are at the heart of an event management system. Also notifications after the event seem interesting but lot of thinking yet to be done on that front.

1 Like

Email notifications can also follow once discourse level notifications are in place.