Custom Notification Bubble

@Eli
Test results and improvements for Custom Notification Bubble component
Link: GitHub - paviliondev/discourse-custom-notif-bubble

It keep unreads blue notifications persistent except for badges and likes.

1 Like

Known issue

1. Don’t consider PMs in the blue bubble.

Working great so far. Seems to be only including the notifications shown in the dropdown. Would like to include all notifications (even beyond the 15 that are shown in the dropdown)

1 Like

Noted. Just to confirm, you want all of the unread notification count to display instead of just the unread from current dropdown right?

Correct.

1 Like

@sharad
I’ve just pushed the change that considers all the notifications instead of only the ones in the dropdown. Do have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems to be working good. I wish there was a way to filter the drop-down notifications by read status - do you know of a component that can allow that toggle/filter.

1 Like

I’m getting a 429 error every few minutes. Could this be related to this component? This error was not coming earlier.

1 Like

Not that I know of. I’ll add that in if its a trivial change.

I’ll take a look at this today.

I had to disable the component due to that error. Is there a way for me to use the older version of the component? The github sync always takes the latest code, correct? Can I fork the older version and use that?

1 Like

I’ll push a fix rather. I changed the code to update the count on each page refresh. I’ll optimize it a little more. I’m on it right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was calling the code too frequently in an attempt to have the bubble display our custom number(I noticed an issue where the number was the default number on first page load). I’ve made a small change to lessen that frequency. Please do update the component and confirm whether the issue has been resolved. Happy to fix these issues.

Do you want the list to be a subset of the existing list itself?

Yeah. Basically the drop down shows the last 12-15 notifications regardless of their read status. What I’m looking for is to show me last 15 unread notifications in the dropdown (maybe with a toggle or something)

Have you commited the change - I don’t see it on github

1 Like

Oops. Sorry for that. Do have a look now. The 429 error is because of rate limiting implemented in discourse. I’ve tried to rectify that.

1 Like

Thanks - new version working great so far.

1 Like

Is this something easy to add or already available? Is that number of notifications that show on dropdown customizable?

1 Like

The 15 latest unread notifications right. I’ll take a look.

That’s great. @Eli will invoice for the task completed so far.

Its somewhat involved and there’s no existing solution to that. So I’ll spec it out if you wish to fund that.