Category Lockdown throwing js errors on latest discourse

Hi @fzngagan, as you may have seen already I’m having some issues with a new discourse feature that is conflicting with this plugin. Sam added a new keyboard shortcut to go to the next topic which works well on meta, but on my site I get an error and the page does not load on some posts, it’s a bit inconsistent, but I can regularly repro it. Here is one of the errors:

1 Like

Do you mind me moving this post to a new topic in #open-source:bug-reports ?

No problem!

1 Like

Sorry to bug, but do you have any estimate of when you might look at this? It’s sadly preventing me from using Rob’s lovely component he just created for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, I’ll take a look tomorrow surely. Are you on latest and greatest currently?

Thank you! I’m on latest +599, I would be hesitant to upgrade outside of the upgrade period as I’ve seen a lot of people have had problems with plugins and the updates this week. I can upgrade my sandbox to latest though if that helps.

1 Like

No need to look any further into this, I did a ton of testing to nail this down since it wasn’t happening without any theme components. Turns out it was caused by the post badges component and category lockdown was just throwing an error because of this. Sorry to waste any time on this!

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this.

@davidkingham I’m testing the plugin in isolation on latest discourse.

You’re talking about these right

@davidkingham

Surprisingly, its working so well that if I go to a locked topic via the keyboard shortcut, I get redirected too.

The problem happens when you’re logged in and have access to the categories, not when you’re locked out. For example if I go this category which has no category lockdowns it will throw errors when I’m logged in, but if I do it in a private window it will not.

1 Like

I tested the plugin in isolation and it works both when the lockdown is in place and otherwise. Both when I have access to the category and when I dont. If you can give me a temporary admin account, I can take a look.

Could you sign up for an account on my sandbox and then I can make you an admin? Thank you! If there’s an easier way just let me know.

1 Like

@davidkingham
I created an account there but didn’t receive the activation email. Please activate me from the admin side and make me admin.

I have activated and made you admin

1 Like

Screen Recording 2020-08-21 at 9.55.00 AM.zip (3.8 MB)

I’ve recorded my screen while navigating the Image Showcase category via keyboard. Works fine by me.

How deep did you go? It often takes going through 20-30 topics before I get the error. The browser is also freezing and I get this when I stop it.

Also, try this from /latest rather than that category which triggers it more reliably but you still have to view quite a few topics.

FYI I have no other plugins installed and no theme components. When I disable the category lockdown plugin I can’t repro this.

1 Like