Add event reminders

Add event reminders
2 Likes

Hey @angus - someone on meta is asking about this. Is this feature still in the workflow?

1 Like

I think this one got lost in the mix.

We actually need this one for the workflow so let’s schedule this in again as well.

If you could do the same for this, I.e pick a time and then hold me to account that’d be awesome.

3 Likes

@angus did you get to work on this?

1 Like

Yes, I’m working on it currently. Should be ready by early next week.

Thanks for following up :+1:

@Eli I just deployed the event_reminders branch of the events plugin to the sandbox for testing. Could you give it a whirl?

The new site settings are:

• events reminders enabled
  • events reminders hours before (how many hours before the event the reminder will be sent)

The users who should be reminded about the event are:

• the topic poster
  • users who rsvp

There are a number of ways this can go wrong. E.g. rsvp’ing and ununrsvp’ing, and turning off / on rsvp and event settings.

The easy way to test whether it has worked is to check /sidekiq for the scheduled job (which sends the event reminder) you can force it to run there too.

In addition to bugs (which there will probably be). There are a number of ways we can improve this before we merge into production:

• sending notification before (at site setting) and at the time of the event.
  • sending emails as well as notifications
3 Likes

Awesome! I’m happy to help with testing as well - just invite me to any test events. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a bunch of weird behavior that I’ll get concrete repo conditions for in a bit.

The “biggest” one is that when I try to visit the events category via the latest on the home page by clicking on the link here:

I get an error message, even when logged out.

1 Like

This is actually caused by the knowledge base plugin. I’ve turned off the culprit setting.

Bug report: knowledge-base: Change category badge link setting not working

2 Likes

@fzngagan Or you could work in with me on this one

Hey gang! I’m baaack! :scream_cat:

What’s the latest on this work? Would love to help test out any new functionality.

2 Likes

Welcome back! This one still needs a bit of work.

1 Like

I can see that. Thanks for the update. Let me know how you get on and when you think I can be of service. :service_dog: