Add Date/Time button missing on latest discourse

Can you push what you’ve already done to a branch and make a PR, it’ll make it easier for me to work-in with you.

2 Likes

sure. In a moment.

Update

I’ve made a PR.

1 Like

Great, I’m taking a look.

1 Like

This seems to be working for me. Can you try stopping your server and removing your tmp file? i.e. rm -rf tmp.

Screenshot%20at%20Aug%2023%2014-24-41 Screenshot%20at%20Aug%2023%2014-24-54

1 Like

Are you able to change back to default?

1 Like

Ah indeed. I think I see the issue. That field isn’t being cast as a boolean, so the string “false” is being interpreted as truthy.

Category.register_custom_field_type('events_event_label_no_text', :boolean)

I’m testing this currently.

1 Like

Yup, the cast is the issue. I’ve commited that fix and will now merge the PR. Good work :+1:

2 Likes

@fzngagan I’m going to deploy the fixes here on thepavilion.io. We can test in production one more time in #open-source:sandbox before you announce that it’s fixed in the events topic on meta

2 Likes

Yes sure.:+1:

1 Like

Ok, here’s a test in production:

Looks like you’re good to go with the announcement :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming. I’ve announced the fix.

2 Likes

No, I think there’s at least one more ‘custom_field’ scope bug but it’s less critical. I’ll address in a spare hour this week.

3 Likes

I read your post on meta?

Did we have to actually change the way data is serialized for any of our plugins?

Maybe I’m missing something…

Ok, I think I missed the point of it. There was a backend change which forced us to make the frontend changes we did.

1 Like

Yeah, essentially. You’re right that we technically didn’t change anything on the backend, but we’re effectively changing the way we serialize data because of the issue with add_to_serializer.

2 Likes

Hi there,

first things first: Thank you so much for your work on these fine plugins within the Discourse ecosystem.

We are running 2.4.0.beta7 on both https://community.hiveeyes.org/ and https://community.panodata.org/ and it looks like we’ve been hit by this obstacle again on the latter while everything is fine on the former.

The main difference is that the Events Plugin has been installed on Hiveeyes for quite some time and we just installed it on Panodata.

We tried hard to replicate every setting to the Panodata instance, but no matter what, the “Add Event” button just won’t show up.

However, we can confirm the plugin seems to be active on the respective category as enabling the All topics in this category must have an event. option actually works: By not being able to actually fill in an event, this well prevents adding new topics to the category.

The notification popup coming up just verified on Hiveeyes

also doesn’t show up in this case. It just rejects the submission silently.

So, we figure the UI elements just won’t get activated for some reason.

Thanks already for looking into this.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

1 Like

Can you try disabling and re-enabling the plugin?

1 Like

Dear Faizaan,

To be safe on that detail, I disabled the plugin both on the global and the category level [1,2] and it started working right away [3].

That was easy, now I am feeling a bit silly. Thank you so much!

With kind regards,
Andreas.

[1] image
[2] image
[3] image
H2020 Earth Observation Big Data Hackathon - Events - Panodata Community

1 Like

This has been the solution for atleast two other cases…I think it has something to do with some recent change in discourse… I’ll need to do some digging to isolate the exact cause of this…

cc @angus

2 Likes